Installing bird netting is one of the most effective ways to stop pest birds from entering spaces where they aren’t welcome. When used to protect critical areas in commercial buildings and industrial structures, netting helps prevent the need for costly maintenance and repairs.
Avian pest species are always looking for places to nest, and property owners need a humane, affordable solution. Bird netting offers exactly that, blocking access to enclosed and semi-enclosed areas.
In northern Utah, the experienced team at A-1 Exterminators installs premium bird netting systems manufactured by Bird Barrier, the leading avian control product supplier in the country. When you need to protect buildings and structures from pest birds, we’re the team to trust.
StealthNet® Bird Netting Features
Without bird control, pigeons, mud swallows and other avian pest species make themselves at home in the nooks and crannies of commercial and industrial structures. This poses several significant problems:
- Bird nests block vents, drains and security cameras
- Droppings cause significant damage to building materials, machinery and HVAC equipment
- Birds carry and transmit disease, and inhaling or coming into direct contact with their excrement can pose a health risk
- Slippery droppings or an accumulation of excrement can lead to liability for slips, falls and injuries
The world’s best bird netting, StealthNet®, is highly effective for keeping pest birds out. After installing StealthNet®, commercial buildings and industrial structures are safe from infestation – and from all of the problems that come with it. Features of this premium netting include:
- Heavy-duty construction for long-lasting bird control
- PVC-coated wire mesh is extremely durable, rot-proof and waterproof
- Effective in commercial and industrial environments
- Can be safely installed near electrical systems and machinery
- Nearly invisible from a distance
StealthNet® Bird Netting Options
A-1 Exterminators carries several sizes of StealthNet®, and custom sizes are available. The mesh net we use depends upon the species of birds that are causing problems and on the specific application.
As a general rule, however, we follow these guidelines:
- For gulls and other large pest birds, we use 4” mesh netting
- For pigeons, doves and similarly-sized species, we use 2” mesh netting
- For starlings, blackbirds and others of similar size, we use 1-1/8” mesh netting
- For mud swallows, sparrows and other small birds, we use ¾” mesh netting
StealthNet® comes in a variety of colors, including black, stone and translucent shades. So, the A-1 team can match the netting to the building to blend in with the background and virtually disappear from view.
A-1 Exterminators offers a complete line of high-quality, professional-grade hardware for StealthNet® installation. We use the best attachments, cables, rings, ferrules, turnbuckles, zippers and access clips to ensure easy, non-obtrusive installation and long-lasting protection from pest birds.
Where to Use StealthNet® Bird Netting
StealthNet® is an effective bird control solution, effectively and humanely keeping pest birds from places they don’t belong. This top-quality bird netting is ideal for:
- Airport Hangers
- Loading docks
- Open beam structures
- Storefront signs
Really, just about all types of commercial buildings and industrial structures can benefit from bird netting. It can protect rooftops, eaves, garages, and much more. Plus, proper, thorough installation offers protection from costly maintenance, repairs and slip-and-fall lawsuits.
Trust the Northern Utah Pest Control Experts
With almost 60 years in business, A-1 Exterminators has extensive expertise in pest control.
Our highly trained technicians understand which products can most effectively address different problems, and we can determine the best approaches for deterring and repelling pest birds. For commercial and industrial buildings, bird netting is often the ideal solution. But, when it isn’t, we have a variety of alternatives. In addition to StealthNet®, we also provide products and services that include:
- Trapping for flock size reduction
- Non-sharpened spikes to stop birds from landing
- Sensory repellents to frighten pest birds away
- Physical deterrents to prevent perching and nesting
- Chemically-treated bait to distress birds and get the flock to leave
For commercial and industrial property owners in northern Utah, A-1 Exterminators is a preferred vendor and certified installer for StealthNet® and all Bird Barrier products. Based in Salt Lake City, we serve businesses throughout the region. From Draper to West Bountiful – and everywhere in-between – A-1 is the team to call on for effective, environmentally responsible bird control at an affordable price.
Let A-1 Exterminators protect your commercial building or industrial structure from pest birds. For more information on our services, or to discuss bird netting with our expert team, contact us today.